Thursday 22 October 2009

Evaluation

Even though this is my first time at creating a human head. I am slightly disapointed with what I have created. There are a number of errors in the modelling as well as the texturing.

I struggled at understanding how the nose should be created and in the end it was a mess, it was far too angular and was too big in scale compared to the reference plates.



From this picture it is also possible to see that the head isn't completely in line with the reference plates either.

I believe that given more time I could produce a more satisfying piece of work. But as time was always going to be a factor with this project it makes me think that in the future I should possibly use my time more wisely to allow for more alterations on each stage.

Another problem is how I connected the ears, I stated earlier in my blog that I had problems with the welding tool and only certain vertices would attach. In the future I will try to keep such a difficult object simple. Even though I managed to get the initial detail of the ear quite high, it lead to problems. Due to these problems it lead to lost time and an end product that was of poor quality. The back of the ear is overly stretched and lets down the final piece.



In the future I will also look into becoming more familiar with the UVW mapping. With a mixture of the poor unwrapping as well as poor formations for the quads this lead to textures being stretched.



This made me realise jsut how important each stage is, and the initial "simple" stage of the topology is probably the most important if you want an incident free and easy route to completing such a piece of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment