Thursday 22 October 2009

Texturing

When it came to texturing within Photoshop, I stumbled across alot of problems.

After getting the initial texture down, I found that the UVW map wasn't quite right and left me with unpainted areas around the mouth.



At first I thought I could go back into 3DS and simply move the mouth around...and this lead to disaster.



As you can see it turnt my character into a bit of a scarecrow where the texture had tiled itself. I am unsure how to get round this, but luckily id made a previous save so could go back.

It is probably good that I did have to go back as I managed to solve the initial problem. I found that the reason for part of the mouth not being textured was that I had missed a small spot within Photoshop.

I then had a similar problem occur around the front of the neck, again where I had missed a spot on the material.



If you notice ont he head is the dark area under the chin, this is not shading, it is infact poor alignment of my material within photoshop. Here I found how important it is to be accurate with the painting of the face, something that may seem a large area of the face, may only be a small area upon the UVW Map.



My next failure with the texturing and modelling was the ear. During the tutorial it states how important it is to make the ear as flat as possible when using the Pelt tool. I started to realise why after texturing the ear.



The texture of the ear appears quite square, I am unsure whether this is due to the poor modelling of the ear, or whether the texture is struggling to wrap itself around the detailed object. Sadly due to running out of time I cannot look into this further but at somepoint it would be beneficial to me to understand why this has happend.

So at present this is the state of my face...



No comments:

Post a Comment