Thursday 8 October 2009

Mirroring & Nose

Even though it is possible to build the entire face without symmetry, a mirror style technique was used to produce an entire face. This allows both sides of the face to be adjusted with only selecting one point.

When adding the symmetry modifier, I found that the face looked severely pinched around the centre.



I found that the reason for this pinching was I had Vertices too close to the line of symmetry, so moving them across slightly allowed for a more natural curve to the face.


The next stage was to produce the nose. I had a lot of trouble with this process and at the moment the nose still isn't perfect. The main reason for this is due to the way the quads were formed around the nose and mouth.



This is the current state of my characters face, as you can see from the 2 angles the nose doesn't appear natural. The nostrils are currently too small and are set too far forward .

So that I do not waste too much time, I have decided to move onto the next stage and work on the nose at a later in the project if there is time. This way I can continue to gain knowledge with using the techniques that I have already learnt, as well as gain knowledge with using new techniques.





Updated...



I have since managed to edit the area of the nose and have pin pointed the reason for my problems.


I had managed delete a vertex within the nose so not all quads were actually connected to the face.

After correcting this problem I have managed to move the nostrils so they sit deeper. A new problem since moving the nostrils is that the nose appears extremely angular. With the use of the turbosmooth modifier I have found a way of quickly correcting this problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment